We are proud to announce the results of the 2015-16 National Spanish Examination.
Out of 60 students that participated in this year’s competition, 54 students received awards!
- 9 students received a Gold Medal
- 14 students received a Silver Medal
- 8 students received a Bronze Medal
- 23 students received an Honorable Mention
Our 6th grade students tested in the same category as the Spanish Immersion Programs. It is a great accomplishment!
All of our 8th graders scored above the 50% average nationwide.
Congratulations to all of them, their families, and teachers for a job well done!
The National Spanish Examinations are administered each year in grades 6 through 12, and are sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. This year the total number of students participating nationwide was 150,000.
National awards are determined by the Total Percentile as follows:
• ORO – Students scoring at or above the 95th percentile are awarded a Premio de Oro.
• PLATA – Students scoring from the 85th through the 94th percentiles receive a Premio de Plata.
• BRONCE – Students scoring from the 75th through the 84th percentiles receive a Premio de Bronce.
• HONOR – Students scoring at or above the 50th percentile (national average) through the 74th percentile are awarded a Mención Honorífica.